CEPA PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation will award one or more scholarships to individuals who are Illinois residents, attending or accepted as a full-time student at an accredited university, college, or aviation technical school, located in the state of Illinois, pursuing a course of study in a recognized professional aviation program.
Applicants must be full-time students within the State of Illinois and must hold a minimum GPA of 2.5 (based on a 4.0-grade point system). Applicants must also demonstrate the need for financial assistance in their application.
A course of study in a recognized professional aviation program is defined as a flight training program, a professional aviation technician program, such as A&P or avionics technician, an aeronautical engineering program, an aviation business management program, or a program to become a professional in any field of aviation. Please note that there is a separate scholarship award for people who are pursuing a career path in aviation and are qualified for the Flight Training Scholarship for those training in a non-academic program.
All applicants must submit or provide for the submission of:
- Complete application form, which will ask for the following:
- Proof of residence in Illinois (please black out any sensitive information, e.g. driver’s license number, birth date, etc.)
- An essay describing yourself, your activities in school and community, your activities and experiences related to aviation, your life goals, financial need, and how receiving this scholarship would help you realize these goals.
- Two letters of recommendation 1) your instructor or chief pilot, and 2) by an individual, not a family member, who can attest to your character, work ethic, and seriousness of purpose. Ask this person to complete the recommendation form at: https://pwkpilots.org/scholarship-recommendation
- Transcripts from the most recently completed term from attended school.
- If you are in a flight training program, please provide a copy of your current FAA medical certificate and pilot certificate, as appropriate.
All above items must be submitted with the application not later than May 1, 2023. You will receive an email notification of the receipt of your application, if you do not receive one promptly, please contact Scholarship Chair, Scholarship@pwkpilots.org.
Winner(s) will be selected by the PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation Board of Directors based on the review of the following criteria: financial need, motivation, and achievement. All materials submitted become the property of PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation and will not be returned. The Board’s selection decisions are final.
The winner(s) will be selected and notified in June 2023 with the presentation to take place at the Chicago Executive Pilots’ Association Annual Picnic this summer.
For questions please email email@example.com.