CEPA PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation will award one or two scholarship(s) in the amount up to $1,500 for the 2020 school year to an individual who is an Illinois resident, attending or planning to attend an accredited university, college or aviation technical school located in the state of Illinois, pursuing a course of study in a recognized professional aviation program.
Applicants must be full-time students with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (based on a 4.0-grade point system). Involvement in school and community activities, as well as, activities and experiences related to aviation shall demonstrate the applicant’s motivation. A need for financial assistance should be demonstrated.
A course of study in a recognized professional aviation program is defined as a flight training program, a professional aviation technician program, such as A&P or avionics technician, an aeronautical engineering program, an aviation business management program, or a program to become a professional in any field of aviation.
All applicants must submit or provide for the submission of:
- Complete application form.
- Proof of residence in Illinois (please black out any sensitive information, e.g. driver license number, birth date, etc.)
- A one to two-page letter describing yourself, your activities in school and community, your activities and experiences related to aviation, your life goals, and how receiving this scholarship would help you realize these goals.
- Two or more recommendations by individuals from your school, the aviation community, clergy, or others.
- Transcripts for the most recently completed term from attending school.
- If you are in a flight training program, please provide a copy of your current FAA medical certificate and/or pilot certificate, as appropriate.
- Any other materials the student feels are helpful to your application may be included.
All above items must be emailed to the Scholarship Chairman, Scholarship@pwkpilots.org not later than May 1, 2020. All applicants will receive an email notification of receipt of their application.
The winner will be selected by the CEPA PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation Board of Directors based on the review of the following criteria: financial need, motivation, and achievement. All materials submitted become the property of PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation and will not be returned. The Board’s selection decisions are final.
The winner(s) will be selected and notified in July 2020.
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.