CEPA PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation will award one scholarship to an individual who is an Illinois resident, training for a certificate or rating at an approved flight school located at Chicago Executive Airport. Please note that there is a separate scholarship award for people who are pursuing a career path in aviation and are qualified for the Academic Scholarship.
A need for financial assistance must be demonstrated in your personal statement in the application. (number of residents at permanent home address and total annual income for that household)
All applicants must submit or provide for the submission of:
- Complete application form, which will ask for the following:
- Proof of residence in Illinois (please black out any sensitive information, e.g. driver’s license number, birth date, etc.)
- An essay describing yourself, your professional, school, or community, your activities and experiences related to aviation, your life goals, financial need, and how receiving this scholarship would help you realize these goals.
- Letters of recommendation by 1) your instructor or chief pilot and 2) an individual, not a family member, who can attest to your character, work ethic, and seriousness of purpose.
- Copies of your most recent 6 months of log book entries, if you have already begun.
- A copy of your current FAA medical certificate and pilot certificate, as required to exercise the privileges of the rating or certificate applied for.
All above items must be submitted with the application not later than May 1, 2023. You will receive an email notification of the receipt of your application, if you do not receive one promptly, please contact Scholarship Chair, Scholarship@pwkpilots.org.
Winner(s) will be selected by the PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation Board of Directors based on the review of the following criteria: financial need, motivation, and achievement. All materials submitted become the property of PAPA Scholarship & Safety Foundation and will not be returned. The Board’s selection decisions are final.
The winner(s) will be selected and notified in June 2023 with the presentation to take place at the Chicago Executive Pilots’ Association Annual Picnic this summer.
For questions please email email@example.com.